A big part of getting more animals adopted is simply getting more foot traffic into the shelter — or more attention at pet store adoption events. We recommend hosting a ‘Photos with Santa Paws & Mrs. Claws’ and invite the community to have their pet’s and family’s photo taken with the big man himself. ‘Photos with Santa Paws & Mrs. Claws’ is also an excellent way to raise funds during the holidays — or you can encourage supporters to donate food for the animals in lieu of payment!
Many photographers are willing to donate their time to nonprofit animal groups. Check For All Animals’ Photographer Registry to find a pro bono photographer near you!
- Ask a volunteer to be Santa & the Mrs. — and rent or purchase a Santa Clause and Mrs. Clause suit at a local party store or buy one online.
- Ask a local photographer to help take photos and make prints, or use a Polaroid instant print camera
- Contact local media to add ‘Photos with Santa Paws & Mrs. Claws’ to their Community Calendars
- Create a flyer to hang in the shelter and on community billboards (like in grocery stores and libraries) – sample below
- Create a sharegraphic to post on the organization’s social media platforms – sample below
Sample Social Media Sharegraphic (click to enlarge):
Sample Flyer (click to enlarge):