Black animals can have a harder time getting adopted than others — and what could be a better time to highlight your shelter’s or rescue’s black adoptables than Black Friday?!
Traditionally a great day for sales, the day after Thanksgiving brings out the bargain hunter in all of us. Consider offering (and advertising!!!) reduced adoption fees for black animals. You can even offer “doorbusters” for the first few hours the shelter is open for early adopters — for example: $5 adoption fees on rabbits, and/or Buy One, Get One Free for kittens!
- Take photos of all your black animals the week before Thanksgiving
- Draft an email to supporters ‘advertising’ your ‘sale’
- Prepare social media post (with pics!) to share on your organization’s social media profiles – samples below
- Create a flyer to display in the shelter and around your community – sample below
- Write a press release to share with local media
Sample Flyer (click to enlarge):